Nutrient Density is your destiny

"Yes. Yes. I'm George, George McFly. I'm your density. I mean... your destiny."-George McFly Back to the Future

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What is this all about?

It is YOUR NOURISHING DENSITY to eat nutrient dense foods! I am not crazy, but I am a bit different in the past year with my views on food and nutrition. Just to for warn any of my readers, I am getting worse! I am not perfect, but there are some days, or days at a time, or weeks when I am following what I am learning, and putting it into practice, and annoying my friends and family in the process. So what is this all about?

  • Weston A. Price Foundation
  • Making permanent lifestyle changes, because knowledge is more difficult to live out than that ignorance is bliss easy living
  • If I seem judgmental, I might be, and I don't care if anyone calls me the food police
  • For the ignorant (I still am ignorant in some areas, and I used to be ignorant in all areas) being the "food police" is not telling you what to eat. Please get that straight! I could seriously care less what types of garbage people want to put in their bodies. It is not my choice what anyone else eats, BUT...it is MY CHOICE to eat what I want to eat, and it is MY CHOICE to feed my children the way that I feel they should be fed. If you have a problem with ME choosing what to eat on any given day, and choosing what to feed MY children on any given day, that is your problem.
  • My plan for this online diary, blog, type thing is to expose new things that I am learning, or things that I have learned and to explain through recipes and first hand eating experience the benefits that truly nutrient dense foods can do for our bodies.
  • My belief is that our bodies are fearfully and wonderfully made by our Creator. He has also designed the food on our planet to go into our bodies as fuel.
  • My belief is that man has adulterated the foods that God has created for our bodies. By adulterating these foods, the nutrients have been stripped from the food. By eating in ignorance your body and cells are being starved of important building blocks for optimal health: you are well fed but malnourished.
  • I hope to be able to send my friends and family to my blog so that by reading what I am learning, they can make the decision for themselves to start researching on their own, and learn for themselves.
I will be using information fror Sally Fallon's cookbook Nourishing Traditions
The front cover says "Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats...The Diet Dictocrats don't want you to know that...
  • Your body needs old-fashioned animal fats
  • new-fangled polyunsaturated oils can be bad for you
  • Modern whole grain products can cause health problems
  • traditional sauces promote digestion and assimilation
  • modern food processing denatures our foods but
  • ancient preservation methods actually increase nutrients in fruits, nuts, vegetables, meats and milk products!
So here it goes! I know I seem "crazy" but I like it. I have never felt so good by just eating real food.

No comments:

Post a Comment